Councillors: Cheryl Bacon, Ross Downing, Don Massey
Since being elected, we have fought for residents, secured investment into the area and delivered improvements to the local environment. Here are a few of the things we have achieved for local people:
- Successfully objected against Weatherley Fencing planning development
- Successfully campaigned for extra 492 bus service on North Cray route
- Encouraged and maintained River Cray clean ups
- Supported the redevelopment of land at Ruxley corner for Lexus/Toyota showrooms
- Encouraged and supported the refurbishment of Cray Road allotments
- Successfully objected to Licence & Planning applications for Red Lion
- Successfully campaigned to reduced size of build outs on Ruxley Corner Roundabout
- Campaigned and supported the retention of Frank Godley & Meadows Court Sheltered Housing Schemes
- Successfully campaigned for funding from Transport for London for traffic calming measures on Sidcup Hill
- Successfully campaigned for funding for the introduction of Bexley Lane corridor traffic safety scheme
- Supported the redevelopment of Norman Parade
- Liaised with residents and London Buses for changes to B14 bus route
- Campaigned with residents to change Ladbrooke Crescent development proposals by L&Q
Across the Ward
- Traffic Safety - SIDs placed at various locations including Maidstone Road, Rectory Lane, Knoll Road and Longmead Drive
- Secured funding for numerous Footway & highway repairs
- Overseen the introduction of Dog fouling prevention stencils
- Worked with Police on anti social behaviour problems including ASBO breaches.
- Represented residents at planning and licensing meetings
- We have also worked closely with our Sidcup Ward colleagues to bring major investment into Sidcup High Street.
Cllr Cheryl Bacon
I have represented Cray Meadows since 2006 and have been an active member of Planning, Environment and Regeneration Committees of the Council. I currently chair the Public Realm, Economic Development, Regeneration and Community Safety Overview and Scrutiny Committee and Bexley First Sub Committee which both aim to bring investment into the borough and improve the well being of residents. Along with my colleague I dealt with a range of issues on behalf of residents.
Cllr Ross Downing
Within the Council I am Chairman of the Health Scrutiny Committee which looks at the planning, provision and operation of NHS Services. This involves out of borough meetings with members and stakeholders of neighbouring boroughs and the wider remit of Healthcare in the South East London sector. I am also a member of the local Clinical Cabinet and a member of the Council’s Adult Services Scrutiny Committee.
As a ward Councillor I deal with residents’ queries but with a special emphasis on social care and health issues.
Cllr Don Massey
In addition to dealing with local residents' queries and problems I attended the public meetings of the Residents Associations active in Cray Meadows Ward. I also attend meetings of the Cray Meadows Forum, the Friends of Foots Cray Meadows and the Safer Neighbourhood Team Residents' Panel.
In addition to my ward duties I am Chairman of the Overview & Scrutiny Committee for Finance & Corporate Services, I take a very active role on both the Audit Committee & Pensions Committee of the council. I also represent the council on the Court of the University of Kent.
Cheryl, Don and Ross
Representing Cray Meadows Ward
Last Updated: 15th September 2011