Councillors: Aileen Beckwith, Jackie Evans, June Slaughter
- Achieved huge improvements in the traffic flow through Sidcup by removing unhelpful traffic lights; putting in a roundabout at the entrance to the Morrison's site; linking traffic lights in Elm Road and Station Road; widening the Station Road/Hatherley Crescent/Longlands Road junction and putting in a pedestrian phase at the traffic lights.
- Fought to save the Manor House - a building much loved by Sidcup residents.
- Achieved a new Leisure Centre in Sidcup.
Currently working for residents
- We believe that residents should be able to meet us when they need us so instead of holding monthly surgeries we are available to see residents at any time convenient to them.
- We regularly represent the interest of residents at Planning Committee meetings; we fought hard with and for residents against the planning applications for the Toyota site and Athena House; we attend Planning Enquiries on behalf of residents.
- We are working with officers to improve Sidcup High Street and supported the Travelodge Waitrose development.
- We work with the police to ensure safety for Sidcup residents.
- We continue to fight to preserve services at Queen Mary's Hospital and to ensure GP services are accessible to residents.
Aileen, Jackie, June
Last updated: 1st August 2011