Cllr James Hunt, Cllr Peter Craske & Cllr Cafer Munar
Here are a few of the things we have achieved for local people:
Blackfen and Lamorbey ward has seen over £1m of investment over the last four years with Conservative Councillors, and we've achieved a lot for residents over the years.
- We're not just local councillors though, Peter, James and Cafer are local residents too, and we shop in the same shops as you, use the same services as you and support local businesses too.
- We always enjoy chatting to residents while queuing in the Co-Op in Halfway Street or over a pint in one of the new micropubs.
- We campaigned for, and delivered, the roundabout at the junction of Halfway Street and Willersley Avenue a decade ago, and only last autumn, our seven year campaign to get Gloucester Parade rebuilt was achieved! And we also delivered the new paved area, trees and benches at the top of Days Lane.
- We also joined with 4,000 residents to secure the funds to transform Parish Woods from a wasteland to an amazing new park and wildlife habitat. It is always great to see people out enjoying themselves there.
- We have recently secured over £500,000 of funding to improve the pavements on Blackfen Road.
- We worked hard to ensure Blackfen continued to have a fantastic community library and we often help pay for community events in Blackfen from our own pockets. More recently we have been staging community clean up days, joining residents in our hi-viz jackets and litter picking equipment to clear up litter - and we have been able to get all the litter bins in our local parks replaced with new, larger ones.
- Our ward is also part of what is the largest ever street tree planting programme in Bexley - we helped plant some of the new street trees before Christmas and hope we can plant even more this coming winter.
- Blackfen and Lamorbey ward is also one of the safest places to live in London - it has the second lowest rate of crime in Bexley - which is London's safest Borough.