Cllr Nigel Betts, Cllr Frazer Brooks & Cllr Andrew Curtois
- Helped secure a deal for residents along the East Rochester Way, who suffered many years of issues with alleyways.
- Secured funding for extra street trees across the ward and the regeneration of The Green.
- Helped organise and fund the Christmas trees and lights in Blackfen, Welling and at The Green.
- Helped secured funding for the refurbishment of Welling Library.
- Are leading the way in trying to prevent fly tipping and litter problems across the ward.
- Improved road safety on a number of roads.
- Addressed graffiti problems at Danson Park and the A2 underpass.
- Secured new energy efficient street lights across the ward.
- Supported residents with on-going planning problems, including campaigning & voting to ensure a 24 hour gaming licence was not granted to a Gaming Centre in Welling
- Worked with residents to get daffodils planted around The Green
- Campaigned for numerous roads to be re-surfaced, pavements improved and have yellow lines installed in appropriate places.
- Worked with the Police on safety issues and volunteered at community events.
We work hard all year round campaigning for the residents of the Falconwood & Welling ward and have done so for many years. Whatever the weather, regardless if it’s election time or not, we are out listening to the concerns of local residents and campaigning on their behalf. Below we have highlighted some of our on-going campaigns where we continue to fight for the best possible outcome.
- Lobbying the government and Mayor of London for better and more reliable transport.
We helped freeze Council Tax for 5 years in a row and we continue to try and help residents save money.
We continue to campaign for better parking and road safety across the ward, particularly outside of schools.
We have led campaigns on street cleanliness and are not afraid to roll up our sleeves to pick up litter or do community gardening/weeding.
We have continuously reported broken pavements in all parts of the ward and continue to do so.
We continue to challenge Greenwich Council and TFL on the traffic issues around Falconwood Station.
We continue to apply pressure on utility firms so that disruptions are minimised and they clean up after works are completed.