From Left to Right: Cllr Christine Catterall, Cllr Steven Hall & Cllr Caroline Newton
Achievements for East Wickham
- Secured new energy efficient street lights across the ward and campaigned on residents’ concerns during part night lighting trials
- Worked with L&Q to ensure sensitive regeneration of disused land.
- Supported residents with on-going planning problems, anti-social behaviour and unsightly gardens and houses.
- Helped fund the Christmas tree in Welling.
- Secured funding for extra street trees across the ward. The number planted is set to double in 2018.
- Worked with residents to prevent fly tipping, dog mess and litter problems across the ward.
- Worked with the Police on safety issues and volunteered at community events
Cllr Christine Catterall
I have lived in the borough for almost 30 years and have three adult children, all of whom attended primary and secondary schools in Bexley. Alongside my role as an East Wickham Councillor, I teach at a local secondary school and enjoy cycling and horse riding. I think Bexley is a fantastic place to live and raise a family.
Cllr Steven Hall
I have lived in the heart of East Wickham with my wife and son since 2004 and was an East Wickham Councillor between 2009-14. I can often be seen in the Ward walking my Beagle dog, Boris, or on the daily school run.
I'm am I.T. Director, a parishioner of St. Mary the Virgin Church, a member of the East Wickham Police Panel, and an ex-Police Officer. I was previously a board member of the Woodlands Farm Trust, a Governor of East Wickham Junior School, and supported the East Wickham Open Space Volunteers.
As an ex-East Wickham Councillor, I dealt effectively with matters relating to the police, community, planning application, and social housing matters. I also had the pleasure of assisting in the introduction of the highly successful East Wickham Police Dispersal Zone, the long overdue and acclaimed school merger, and the opening of Riverdale Court care home.
Cllr Caroline Newton
I have been a local Councillor since May 2010. Over the past eight years, I have been proud to represent the area in which I lived for many years. I went to Hillsgrove Primary and Townley Grammar schools and still live in Welling. My full-time job is as a Communications Manager in the City of London. Until the 2014 election, I was very closely involved in Scouting in Bexley, having been, among other roles, a Scout and leader at 1st East Wickham (St Michael’s) Scout group.
Aside from supporting residents to keep Bexley a pleasant and well-run place to live, I am passionate about education and opportunities for young people. In the coming years, I will also be keenly interested in the Borough’s Growth agenda and the opportunities it offers, as well as in maintaining value for money for Bexley’s residents while delivering the quality services they need.