Cllr Gareth Bacon and Cllr Andy Dourmoush
Gareth and Andy are very experienced and hands on in all matters and extremely proud and privileged to represent the Longlands ward. Listed below are some of our many achievements:
- Successfully represented residents to oppose a range of inappropriate planning applications. Notable amongst these has been the attempts by unsympathetic developers to change the nature of the Christchurch Conservation Area.
- Defeated the previous Labour Council’s attempts to turn the Harland Avenue and Longlands Recreation Ground allotment sites into building sites. Instead we successfully promoted a record take up of allotment plots and will continue to do so.
- Successfully built Bexley’s Licensing function into one of the toughest in the country as we crack down on anti-social behaviour
- Liaised closely with our Sidcup Ward colleagues to bring major investment into Sidcup High Street.
- Targeted graffiti, fly tipping, fly posting, and dog fouling, especially around Longlands Primary School.
- Achieved huge improvements in the traffic flow through Sidcup by;
- removing unhelpful traffic lights
- putting in a roundabout at the entrance to the Morrisons site
- Instigating the installation of double yellow lines at Longlands Park crescent junction to
stop dangerous parking.
- Widening the Station Road/Hatherley Crescent/Longlands Road junction
- putting in a pedestrian phase at the traffic lights.
- Have listened to residents and repaired and replaced broken and unsafe pavements.
- Helped raise much need money for Longlands Primary School with the Parents association.
- Improved Sidcup High Street and have supported the Travelodge Waitrose development
- Liaised with the police to ensure safety for Sidcup residents
- Liaised with Conservative Council colleagues to ensure value-for- money in the provision of Bexley Council services
- Assisted in the delivery of new and enhanced services at Queen Mary's Hospital.